Sunday, December 19, 2010

TOTD, December 18-20: Overcome

He Has Overcome the World

We may have peace if only we believe that even this world we’ll have trouble, but He has overcome the world. By trusting Him, we know that we’re in the safe hands of His and will be able to walk in peace in our life with Him. (-fon-)

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

--- John 16:33

Overcome Evil with Good

On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

--- Romans 12:20-21

The Bible reminds us to overcome evil with good. Of course, it’s never an easy task but we need to try our best to do so. (-fon-)

Overcome My Unbelief

Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”

--- Mark 9:24

Sometimes in our life, we might face some part of unbelief. In this world: seeing is believing. If only we see something, then we’ll believe. But faith needs more than just seeing first. We need to believe, even though we haven’t seen anything yet because we put our trust in God. Let’s pray that we can overcome our unbelief. (-fon-)

No comments: