Thursday, May 13, 2010

TOTD, May 14

Are You Ready?

Let me tell you a story.

One day, two men were walking home.

All of a sudden, it started to rain. Really hard.

Because both of them didn’t have an umbrella, the two guys got soaking wet.

After a few minutes of torrential rain, the first man cursed.

“God, what have I done to deserve this bad fortune?” he growled, hurling his fist to the sky. “Why are you punishing me? I’m minding my own business here, walking home, when You had to make it rain!”

But the second man’s response was totally different. He began to skip, dance, and sing like Gary V in a concert. “Yeepee! Life is wonderful!” he hollered.

With venom in his voice, the first man asked, “What are you so happy about? Can’t you see we’re wet as frogs in a swamp!”

The second man said, “My dear friend, I’m a farmer. The rain is nourishing my crops. I will have a bountiful harvest this year!”

It was the same rain, the same amount of water pelting their bodies, but the two men had two very different reactions.

Why?

Because one person prepared for the rain and another didn’t.

Dear friend, mark my word: There is always an avalanche of blessing that will flow into your life. Financial blessings. Spiritual blessings. They pour like a rampaging river over you.

But will you be ready for their coming? (Bo Sanchez’s amazing blog).

His blessings are always there. The question is: are we ready to receive them? Have we prepared ourselves to accept them? (-fon-)

From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

--- John 1:16

No comments: