Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TOTD, April 22

Devotion to the Lord

Begin your devotional time by quieting yourself. Take a few deep breaths and become still. Some people light a candle or say a simple prayer such as, "O God, open my heart to hear your message to me in the words I read."( How to Have a Daily Devotional Time by Mary Lou Redding--- Upper Room Website).

As a mother, I found it more difficult to spend a quiet time for me to pray to the Lord. But as I need it so much in order to get a good relationship with God, I try to find my own time when I can spend some devotion to the Lord. We need this quiet time, when only God and we, face to face, and talk to each other.

Try to find your own time to do this devotion. You’re busy? Yes, I think everyone is busy too. But hopefully, in your busiest time ever, you still have the time to share with the Lord our God. He deserves it:) (-fon-)

I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

--- 1 Corinthians 7:35

No comments: