Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TOTD, March 24

The Real Comfort from God

Last Sunday while I was with my friends from Indonesia who visited Ho Chi Minh City, I suddenly felt dizzy and (almost) fainted. Historically, this has been happening every now and then. Some of the times I fainted but this time I was fine after few minutes of rest and the help of the owner of the Vietnamese restaurant in district 1. I was very grateful and thankful. It’s probably because of the lack of sleep, lack of food, and very tired condition after traveling to an island here in Vietnam as well. I know what is faint. Physical faint that I’ve experienced every now and then along the journey of my life.

Interestingly, I found that the book of Jeremiah chapter 8 showed me the faint of heart. Imagining the heart faints, of course we need a Comforter. The condition is really sickening, wounded, and hurt, so faint is the way to get out temporarily from the sorrow. But never find another Comforter, another strength besides the Lord. If you try to find another maybe you’ll find it, but you will never satisfy. Only the real Comforter knows the way to heal you. Trust the Lord, He knows what to do with all your wound, all the faints of heart that you’ve experienced before. (-fon-)

O my Comforter in sorrow,
my heart is faint within me.

--- Jeremiah 8:18

No comments: