Friday, December 19, 2008

TOTD, December 20

How Many Times?

When it comes to forgiveness, we might ask, “ God, how many times shall I forgive my brother?” Here’s the answer:

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
--- Matthew 18:21-23


Seven times? Well, that’s not enough. As we won’t even know how many mistakes that we’re going to make, it applies the same here that we can’ limit ourselves when it comes to forgive others. Forgiveness is a hard thing to do for people who keep other’s faults at heart but at the same time is the best thing to do to free ourselves from all the hatred. Try to forgive, it will heal us. (-fon-)

No comments: