Thursday, June 26, 2008

TOTD, June 27

Learn to Say NO

We’ve seen a lot of Yes Man in our life, or maybe we’re one of them. We might be the kind of person who’s afraid of saying No. Afraid that the person that we rejected may dislike us. Afraid that we can’t please that person. Afraid of etc… etc…

I was once a people pleaser. I read that Bo Sanchez, the famous preacher from the Philippines was also a person who couldn’t say NO previously, but now he has changed. Well, being a people pleaser is a very tough job. I need to sacrifice myself most of the time just to please others.

Then, I learn to say NO. I found that it’s not easy to do so, because for me, saying No was so hard to do. I couldn’t say NO in a proper or good way. Sometimes I said NO and became emotional. But finally after lots of failing experiences, I can manage to do so, one step at a time.

Of course, we need to learn to say NO in a good way. Reject the person without hurting him. Because we need to be frank and honest. Let our “Yes” be yes, and our "NO”, be no. (-fon-)


Above all, my brothers, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned.
--- James 5:12

No comments: