Wednesday, June 4, 2008

TOTD, June 05

For Everything in Heaven and Earth is Yours

I know the feeling of losing something.
I’ve lost my bag with all the contents inside: wallet-ATM cards-credit cards and ID- at a church in Jakarta while I was having a rehearsal for my best friend’s wedding. I’ve lost my job once due to monetary crisis. And I’ve lost my father who passed away 15 years ago.
And those experiences were not easy to handle. They left some sadness or for some cases, losing something left bitterness inside of us.

But as we live in this world, we know that all of things are not eternal. They have their expiry date. Only God’s love is eternal.
Experiencing those things made me realize that everything in heaven and earth is Yours, Oh Lord!
We can only be thankful for what He has given to us. Treasure them but don’t be too attached to them.
Everything is His. (-fon-)

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.
--- 1 Chronicles 29:11

No comments: