Thursday, January 13, 2011

TOTD, January 14 – Like Clay in Potter’s Hand

Like Clay in Potter’s Hand

So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

Then the word of the LORD came to me. He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel.

--- Jeremiah 18:3-6

The process of moulding and shaping from clay to pot or other shapes of pottery will not be an easy one. Sometimes it needs time, process, and it also can be a painful one.

We need to believe that we’re safe in His hands. Like clay in potter’s hand, we need to trust Him and let Him shape our life according to His will. (-fon-)

No comments: