Sunday, January 10, 2010

TOTD, January 09-11

Burdens and Blessings

Bo Sanchez once wrote:

Dear Fonny,Your blessings are burdens. Your burdens are blessings. Both are one and the same thing. So if I were you, I'd just call all of them blessings. Excited for you,God... P.S. Do you want a glass that's half-empty or half-full, Fonny? It's really up to you. So say, “None of the above. I want it overflowing... (God Whispers Club)

If only we could see that blessings are burdens and on the other way around, the burdens are blessings, we’ll live a happier life because if we’re able to see from this perspective, we can only see the blessings. God calls those who are weary and burdened to come to Him to make us realize that burden also a blessing in disguised. Be thankful for the burdens because it’s also a blessing… (-fon-)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

--- Matthew 11;28

Say a Little Prayer

The moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup
I say a little pray for you
While combing my hair now,
And wondering what dress to wear now,
I say a little prayer for you

Forever, and ever, you'll stay in my heart
and I will love you
Forever, and ever, we never will part
Oh, how I love you
Together, forever, that's how it must be
To live without you
Would only meen heartbreak for me.

( I Say a Little Prayer- Aretha Franklin and later on by Diana King as a soundtrack of My Best Friend’s Wedding)

Well, this is a love song from a woman to her man. But one thing that I’ve noticed, the song writer can delay anything else even before her make up, by saying a little prayer. ‘The moment I wake up, I say a little prayer.’

Maybe, these days we wake up so late, we leave our house in a rush, we’re stuck in the traffic jam, we don’t even have time to have breakfast, how can we have time to pray?

Again, this song reminds us of the importance of praying as soon as we open our eyes and be thankful for the new day. Maybe, all we need to do is just sleep earlier then we can wake up fresher the next morning. I’m still working out on this one, but definitely will try my best to thank Him once I wake up in the morning. I’ll say a little prayer to You, Lord! :) (-fon-)

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

--- Colossians 4:2

Present Your Requests to God

We have our dreams, passion, worries, fears, altogether inside of us. Sometimes we get so worried over some problems and begin to forget that actually, all we need to do is just praying. Let’s present our request to the Lord, whatever it is, just talk to Him. And He’ll listen. (-fon-)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

--- Philippians 4:6

No comments: