Monday, April 6, 2009

TOTD, April 07

Power Is Perfected in Weakness

Jessica Cox is a happy 25-year old Filipina-American woman.
But she was born with a rare birth defect.
She was born without arms.
Doctors cannot explain why. But her father, an American retired music teacher, and her mother, a nurse from Samar, gave her all the love she needed to overcome her disability.
And overcome, she did.
Today, Jessica is a licensed pilot, flying her airplane with her feet.
She also has 2 Black Belts from the American Tae Kwon-Do Federation and the International Tae Kwon-Do Association.
With her feet, she also plays the piano, drives a car, texts her friends on her cell phone, and puts on her contact lenses all by herself.
(source: Bo Sanchez's Blog)

Reading Jessica Cox’s story, I found a new strength in me- a willingness to learn and not to give up. Because if she, with a rare birth defect, has a very strong-willed to be successful in this life, why don’t I treasure what I’ve already got? In Jessica’s weaknesses, I can see her strength as well as God’s power to make everything possible for her.
While believing that God’s power is perfected in weaknesses, here I am surrendering all of my weaknesses so that His power may dwell in me. Amen. (-fon-)

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
--- 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: