Saturday, March 24, 2007

TOTD, March 23-25

Get on the Other Side of Fear

God has a good plan for your life, and the devil knows it. He will try to use fear to keep you in bondage and stop you from living in that plan. When you feel fear, don't run!
The only way you can get on the other side of it is to dig both heels in it, set your face like a flint, and say, " I know I've heard from God, and I'm going forward!"

Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
--- Joshua 1:9


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Fear --- who has never faced it before? Either it's just a fear of forgetting your best friend's birthday or as big as the fear of loosing the loved ones in your life.
All of us has experienced fear before. Minor or major ones, depend on our life's condition.
As we have to face it so often, we need to live with it and face it bravely. Because we know in whatever we do or wherever we go, God will never leave us alone. I know it's not an easy thing while some fears are really hard to handle. But to understand that God has a wonderful works in His plan for us, will make us feel relieved and safe... (-fon-)


Just Wait and See

It is a very natural thing to try to make things change that you do not like. But if you are "trying to do something about something you cannot do anything about" instead of resting in God, waiting on Him and His timing, trusting Him with the other people in your life and even with your own self, you will be frustrated and will not enjoy peace.

Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation, of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: for not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
--- 2 Chronicles 20:17


My own reflection on this Thought:
* If I could change the world... What kind of world this would be?
Maybe you'd wonder about this. But due to our limitation, we can't do anything about things we do not like. We have to live with it.

Well, you might say that it's easier said than done, but that's the fact. I myself find it hard to accept lots of things in this world. And I might wonder, what if this and what if that... While those what ifs are on my mind while I communicate my feelings and thoughts to the Lord, a new understanding come within myself. It must be the soft whispering of the Holy Spirit, remind me that I can't change all things according to my will. I need to trust God in everything, let Him change my world and this world. I could never done it with my own strength. (-fon-)


Keep on Asking

God is able to do much more than what we know how to ask Him for. That is one reason why He gives us His Holy Spirit when we request that He do so. He gives us His Spirit to be with us, to live in us, and to minister to us --- so we will know what to ask.

I encourage you to open the channel for God to begin to move in your life, in a mighty and powerful way, by doing a whole lot more asking. Ask and ask and ask. Keep on asking so that you may receive and your joy may be full.

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
--- John 16: 24


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Keep on asking... Sounds good! That's what you thought...
But actually what kind of request that we should ask? More wealth, more success, more pleasures in this life?
In order to ask God to grant us His joy, we need to ask what's His plan for us in this life. Ask according to what He wants to fulfill in our life.
Seems impossible? No, if we keep communicating with God. We won't ask something so selfishly, because we ask in the name of God and will use it for the better life at least for the people surround us. Ask according to whatever His Will is in our life, that would be perfect! (-fon-)

No comments: